Sail vicariously through your fuzzy buddy when you send it to participate in our Boat Buddy program.
Restrictions due to Covid-19 prevent us from doing trips with the public, but we’ve found a way that you can still have sailing-fun while Schooner Huron Jewel and her crew sail on the Great Lakes.
Send us your buddy to join us on our trips as we sail Potagannissing Bay, the St Marys River, and the Great Lakes.
Your buddy will participate in sailing the schooner while enjoying the sights.
Tasks your buddy can help with include taking the helm, raising the sails, scrubbing the deck, feeding the crew, and when the day is over watching the sunset.
Each day your buddy will stay in touch on social media or via email to let you know what they are doing.
Your buddy will receive an official trip ticket, Schooner Huron Jewel bandanna, and other cool items. They will also send you a postcard to let you know how much fun they are having.
Send us your friend, fuzzy or not – such as teddy bear, plastic lizard, or cardboard cut-out friend. (Some size restrictions apply.)
Boat Buddy programs are two days or longer, up to all season (through beginning of October.)
Or send your buddy to join us for the season and we’ll make them part of the crew!
Crew Buddies receive extra perks such as sending you postcards on a regular basis, a video chat on the schooner, and a custom crew hat!
Reserve your buddy’s trip today and send them Sailing the Dream on the Great Lakes aboard Schooner Huron Jewel!
How it works:
1. Buy a ticket for your Boat Buddy here!
2. Watch your inbox for an email from us (sail[at]ditallship.com) where we’ll ask for details about your buddy to make sure we give your Buddy an adventure that suits them.
3. Pack your Buddy’s bags and tuck them into a safe package with a copy of your receipt.
4. Send them to:
DI Tall Ship Company
38300 S Shelter Island
Drummond Island, MI 49726
5. Watch our Facebook, Instagram, and your email (maybe even your mailbox if your Buddy gets the chance to write!) for updates from your Buddy on their trip!
6. After their trip, welcome your Buddy and all their fun memories and souvenirs home.